Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Since I can' t sleep I might as well bitch

I follow certain people's blogs because I like what they write about or I like their style. I was following this person's blog who wrote a lot about fashion and natural hair but the shade she would throw at anyone who had 'unatural' hair was getting to be too much. Hair is hair to me. I don't care what you do with it as long as it is clean. I know some people are into hair in that way, I am not. When you die they are not going mention your fucking hair in your obituary or put it on your tombstone.

I said on Twitter that some natural hair people are the Jehovah Witnesses of hair. That is all they want to talk about. They want to take you to the big chop hall and have hair study on twists out and the evilness of shampoos with sulfur. One girl just wanted to go natural for a change, she decided to get a relaxer and baby they gave her FEVER. They literally wished for her hair to fall out! What kind of shit is that! It is not your fucking hair! If natural hair doesn't fit into her life style it has nothing to do with you!

I know that natural hair people get fever, they are probably a minority depending on where you may live but I am sorry some of you are too close to it.

2 comments:

  1. "One girl just wanted to go natural for a change, she decided to get a relaxer and baby they gave her FEVER. They literally wished for her hair to fall out! What kind of shit is that! It is not your fucking hair! If natural hair doesn't fit into her life style it has nothing to do with you!"

    I transitioned for about 6 months, had enough and relaxed my hair. It wasn't that I couldn't go through with it but there are ppl like this in the natural hair community that are overzealous and that turned me completely off from going natural. I don't want to trade in one extreme for another, KWIM? I started looking at ppl with natural hair and my attitude would change.

    I said I'm going to start over again but I'm staying away from YouTube and natural hair care blogs. It was becoming too much for me. Sorry for the long post but this post is really speaking to the heart of the issues within the natural hair community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is off putting and divisive! I can see why it would turn you off.

    ReplyDelete